The practice of Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian science of architecture and construction. This system gets based on the premise that the Universe comprises five elements: earth, water, fire, air, and space. Each of these elements has a specific colour associated with it. Therefore, when choosing colours for your home, it is important to consider their impact on the energy flow in your space. This post explores the Vastu colors for bedroom associated with the five elements and their impact on your life. We will also provide tips on using Vastu Shastra to create a peaceful and harmonious space.
Introduction to Vastu Shastra
Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian science that offers guidelines on how to build and arrange homes, temples, and other structures in harmony with the natural world. The goals of Vastu Shastra are to promote health, prosperity, and well-being for the occupants of a structure.
Vastu Shastra is based on the premise that the Universe is made up of five elements: earth, water, fire, air, and space. Each of these elements has a specific quality and purpose. When these elements are in harmony, the occupants of a structure will experience health, prosperity, and well-being. However, if the details are out of balance, the occupants may experience illness, financial difficulties, and relationship issues.
Importance of Colours in Vastu Shastra
One of the key aspects of Vastu Shastra is the use of colours. It can impact the overall energy of a space, which is why it’s important to choose colours wisely when it comes to Vastu.
In Vastu Shastra, the ancient Indian science of architecture, colours play an important role. According to Vastu principles, each colour has its energy and vibration that can impact the health, wealth and happiness of the occupants of a space. Here are five ways that colours are important in Vastu Shastra:
1. Colours can Create Positive or Negative Energy in a Space
In interior design, the use of colour is a tool that can be used to create specific moods and feelings in a space. According to the ancient Indian practice of Vastu Shastra, each colour has a particular vibration that can create positive or negative energy in a room.
Vastu Shastra is based on the belief that there is a relationship between the energy of a space and the objects within it. You can create a harmonious and welcoming space by carefully selecting colours that create positive energy. Conversely, choosing colors that create negative energy can create an uninviting and stressful area.
2. Different Colours can be Used to Balance the Five Elements
Different colours have different vibrations and frequencies, which can balance the five elements of fire, water, earth, air and space. The five elements are said to be in constant flux, and when they are out of balance, it can lead to disharmony in our lives.
Certain colours can be used to bring the five elements into balance. For example,
- Red is associated with fire and can help increase this element’s energy.
- Blue is associated with water and can help to soothe and calm the energy of this element.
- Green is associated with the earth and can help to bring stability and balance to the energy of this element.
- Yellow is associated with air and can help to stimulate and energise this element. White is associated with space and can help to create a sense of peace and tranquillity.
3. Colours can Get Used to Brighten or Calm a Space
Vastu Shastra is based on the belief that there is a natural flow of energy in the Universe. And that our buildings and homes should be designed in such a way as to align with this flow.
Colours can have a profound effect on our mood and emotions. In a space designed to be calming and relaxing, using cool colours such as blues and greens can help create a sense of peace. Alternatively, warm colours such as reds and oranges can help develop a sense of excitement in an area intended to be vibrant and energising.
4. The Right Colours can Ring Good Luck and Fortune
Vastu Shastra’s field is believed that certain colours can bring good luck and fortune, in India. According to Vastu, the right colours can help to balance the energies in our home and bring us closer to our goals.
While all colours have the potential to bring us both positive and negative vibes, certain colours are thought to be particularly lucky and can bring us good fortune. Here are some of the most auspicious colours to bring you luck and fortune, according to Vastu Shastra.
So if you’re looking to bring good luck and fortune into your life, make sure to use these colours in your home or office in India.
5. Colours can be used to improve energy flow in a space
According to Vastu Shastra, colours can improve energy flow in a space. For example, white is said to promote peace and serenity, while red is said to be energising and stimulating. Thus, carefully choosing the colours for your home or office can create a more conducive space for positive energy flow.
By understanding the properties of each colour, you can use them to improve the energy flow in a space and create a more positive environment.
There are a few things to remember when using Vastu colours.
- First, avoid using more than three colours in a space, as this can be overwhelming.
- Second, each colour should be used in equal proportions.
- And finally, you should avoid using opposite colours on the colour wheel, as this can create a sense of disharmony.
The Significance of The Bedroom in Vastu Shastra
The bedroom is one of the most important rooms in the house according to the principles of Vastu Shastra in India. This ancient Indian system of architecture and planning dictates that the bedroom should be a sacred space where we can go to relax and rejuvenate. The idea is that by creating a space conducive to rest, we can promote good health and well-being.
According to Vastu Shastra, there are a few things to keep in mind when designing a bedroom.
- First, the bed should be placed in the centre of the room to have equal access to all four corners.
- Second, the head of the bed should be against a solid wall to promote feelings of stability and security.
- Third, the bed should be facing the door, so you can see who is coming in and out.
- Finally, the room should be facing northwest.
The Importance of Choosing the Right Vastu Colors for Bedroom
According to Vastu Shastra, the colours you choose for your bedroom can either promote relaxation and sleep or disturb your sleep cycle and energy levels.
So what colours should you use in your bedroom according to Vastu Shastra? Pink, blue, and purple are all said to be calming colours that can promote sleep. Alternatively, you can also use white, a neutral colour that creates a sense of peace and tranquillity.
Whatever colours you choose for your bedroom, make sure that they are colors that you find relaxing and soothing. Creating a relaxation space can help ensure a good night’s sleep.
Choosing the right colours for your bedroom is important to create a peaceful and calming environment.
12 Tips for Choosing the Perfect Vastu Colors for Bedroom
Here are 12 tips to help you choose the perfect bedroom colors according to Vastu Shastra.
- The east and north are the best directions for a bedroom. Ideal Vastu colors for bedroom facing north are light pink, off-white, or cream.
- South-facing bedrooms are perfect for brighter colours like yellow, orange, or red.
- West-facing bedrooms are best with calming colours like blue or green.
- Vastu says spring or autumn is the best time to paint your bedroom.
- You should avoid darker colours like black or brown as they can create a feeling of heaviness. Vastu recommends using light colors on the walls and avoiding patterns or pictures.
- The head of the bed should be in the north or east direction. The mattress should be placed so you can see the door from lying down. This gives a sense of security and helps you to feel more relaxed. The colour of your bed should get based on the direction it is facing. If your mattress is in the east or north, the perfect shade would be light pink, off-white, or cream. Brighter colours like yellow, orange, or red would be best if it is in the south. And if your bed is in the west, calming colours like blue or green would be ideal.
- Vastu also recommends avoiding pictures or patterns on the walls as they can distract and cause restlessness. If you want to use patterns or pictures in your bedroom, Vastu recommends using them in moderation. Choose designs or prints that represent nature or that have calming energy.
- It is also important to consider the energy of your chosen colours. Vastu recommends using colours representing nature’s elements, like blue for water, green for plants, white for the moon, and red for the sun.
- Avoid using colours representing the opposite energy, like black for darkness or white for purity.
- Vastu recommends using natural colours that are found in nature. It means avoiding harsh synthetic colours like fluorescent green or bright orange.
- The energy of certain colours can also be enhanced by adding certain materials. For example, adding a touch of gold to yellow can make it more energising, while adding silver to blue can make it more calming.
- Finally, it is important to paint your bedroom according to the season. Vastu recommends using different colours in different seasons to maximise the benefits. In the spring, lighter colours like yellow or green are perfect.
For the summer, white or cream is ideal. In the autumn, orange or red is perfect. And in the winter, blue or violet is ideal.
Following these 12 tips, you can choose the perfect bedroom colours according to Vastu Shastra. It will help create more balanced and harmonious energy in your bedroom, promoting relaxation and peace.
To Wrap Things Up
In conclusion, Vastu Shastra provides definitive guidance on choosing bedroom colours in India. According to the principles of Vastu, certain colours are conducive to relaxation, while others may cause insomnia or other sleep problems. Use these guidelines to choose bedroom colours to help you get a good night’s sleep. If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a comment.
What are the best colours for a north or east-facing bedroom?
According to Vastu, the best colours for the north or east-facing bedroom are pink, cream, and white. These colours represent water, which is said to be a powerful element that can bring peace and calm to a space. The cream is also said to promote relaxation and sleep, while pink is associated with growth and new beginnings. White is a versatile colour that can get used to creating a serene atmosphere.
What are the best colours for a south-facing bedroom?
Colours play a very important role in Vastu Shastra, the ancient Indian science of architecture. According to Vastu, the best colours for a south-facing bedroom are cool colours like yellow, orange and red. These colours are said to promote productivity and help brighten the room.
So if you want to create a beautiful bedroom, consider painting it in one of these cool colours. You may find that it helps you to get a good night’s sleep!
The best colours for a south-facing bedroom are yellow, orange, or red.
What are the best colours for a west-facing bedroom?
Blue and green are the best colours for a west-facing bedroom because they are both calming colours that will help you relax in your bedroom. Blue is also a cool colour which can help to keep the room cool in the summer months. Green is a refreshing colour that can help to boost your energy levels.
What is the best time to paint my bedroom according to Vastu Shastra?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best time to paint your bedroom, according to Vastu Shastra, will depend on several factors. However, as a general rule, it is best to paint your bedroom during the daytime when the sun is shining. It will help to energise the space and promote positive energy flow.
What colours should I avoid using in my bedroom?
Vastu Shastra is an Ancient Indian architecture and design tradition that certain colours should get used in specific ways to create a sense of balance and harmony in a space. According to Vastu Shastra, bedrooms should get painted in light, neutral colours to promote relaxation and sleep. Avoid using dark colours in your bedroom, as they can create a sense of heaviness and gloom.
How can I enhance the energy of certain colours?
According to Vastu Shastra, there are several ways to enhance the energy of certain colours.
The most common method is to use light and dark colours in a room to create a sense of balance. For example, you could paint the walls in light colours and use dark colours for the floor and furniture. You can also use colours to create a feeling of space. For example, a light blue colour on the walls can give the illusion of a larger room.
Another way to enhance the energy of colours is to use them in a certain order. For example, you could use the colours of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) to create a feeling of balance and harmony. You could also use the colours of the chakras (red, orange, yellow, green, blue).