Voltas is one of the most loved brands in India, especially their air conditioning units. There are thousands of people in India who have installed Voltas AC in their offices and homes. As a consumer, you have several questions. There are times you see a Voltas AC error code in India on the air conditioning unit. Voltas air conditioner error code has been the most-searched topic in recent times. We understand your concern and that’s why we bring to you what each error code means.
Read on to find out more about the Voltas AC error codes.
About Voltas Brand
Voltas came into existence on 6th September, 1954. The multinational consumer electronics and home appliances company is headquartered in the metropolis, Mumbai. The company designs, manufactures, and sells goods like air coolers, air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, dishwashers, air purifiers, microwaves, and water dispensers.
The company was formed many years ago in collaboration between Volkart Brothers and Tata Sons. Pradeep Bakshi is the CEO of the company and Noel Tata is the Chairman.
Indian inhabitants are extremely thrilled with Voltas air conditioners and other products. Just like any other machine, Voltas air conditioners will work smoothly but there will be times when the machine will be faulty too.
Let’s cut to the chase and tell you about all the error codes in Voltas Air conditioner in India.
The Need to Know about Voltas Air Conditioner Error Codes
Voltas AC consumers have recently raised quite a few questions regarding their system. They have been searching for Voltas AC error codes and what they mean. When the air conditioning stops working, it causes a lot of inconvenience. You must know about the Voltas AC error code.
To help them manage such situations, we have listed Voltas AC error codes. Don’t hold-up!
Find the Voltas AC error codes below:
- EE – The error code shows when you have an issue with Voltas indoor machine.
- E0 – The error code shows when there is an issue with the outdoor machine EE.
- E1 – The error code shows when you have an issue with the indoor fan.
- E2 – The error code shows when you have an issue with zero-crossing detection indoor fan.
- E3 – The error code shows when you have an issue with the sensor and indoor coil fault.
- E4 – The error code shows when there is an issue with your Voltas indoor ambient temperature sensor.
- E5: The error code shows when there is a problem with the fan operation.
- E6: The error code shows when there is an outdoor and indoor machine communication issue.
- E8: The error code shows when there is a problem with outdoor communication.
- F1: The error code shows when you have a problem with the compressor starting up.
- F2: The error code shows when you have a problem with your compressor.
- F3: The error code shows when you have a problem with the IPM module.
- F4: The error code shows when you have a problem with the compressor shell roof.
- F5: The error code shows when you have a problem with the discharge temperature sensor.
- F6: The error code shows when you have a problem with the section temperature sensor.
- F7: The error shows when you have a problem with the coil temperature sensor.
- F8: The error code shows when you have a problem with the ambient temperature sensor.
- F9: The error code shows when you have a problem with your outdoor DC fan.
- P1: The error code shows when you have a problem with the machine air conditioning current protection.
- P2: The error code shows when you have an issue with the compressor phase current protection.
- P3: The error code shows when you have a problem with your outdoor unit air conditioner voltage protection.
- P4: The error code shows when you have a problem with the DC voltage protection.
- P5: The error code shows when you have a problem with IPM over-high temperature protection.
- P6: The error code shows when you have a problem with the discharge temperature overheat protection.
- P7: The error code shows when you have a problem with the cooling coil anti-freezing protection.
- L4: The error code shows when you have a problem with the phase current samping.
- U1: The error code shows when there is a problem with the IPM overcurrent protection.
- U3: The error code shows when you have a problem with the compressor overcurrent protection.
- U4: The error code shows when you have a problem with over voltage protection.
- U5: The error code shows when you have a problem with low-voltage protection.
- U7: The error code shows when you have a problem with over-speed protection.
- 1E: Issue with outdoor unit room temperature sensor.
- 2E: Issue with pipe temperature sensor (outdoor unit).
- 3E: Issue with exhaust sensor.
- 4E: Module board needs to be replaced.
- 8E: Issue with PFC. Need to replace the module board.
- H1: Automatic defrosting
- H3: Halt for compressor overload protection.
- H4: Overload protection
- PL: protection against low voltage
- C5: Jumper cap malfunction
6 Common Problems You Will Experience with a Split AC
Now that you know about the error codes, we should move on and find the six common problems that you will experience with a split AC in India.
#1 Refrigerant leakage
Leakages are fairly common in split ACs. The refrigerant or the AC gas is responsible for giving out cool air. If the AC is not giving cool air, it is possible that the refrigerant level is quite low. Refrigerants are stored at a high pressure, so the joints and curves in the copper pipe are under tremendous stress. When there is humidity, it is possible that the atmospheric corrosion-causing compounds will weaken the copper pipes. It causes leakage, but don’t stress as this can be fixed. Compare the service charges and then get it fixed by a technician. If you see an EC error code on your Voltas AC, it is a refrigerant leakage. Besides this, there are many reasons you could get an EC error.
#2 Compressor is switching off too often
This could happen due to choking of the filter. When dust or debris accumulates in the AC, you will find the compressor switches off frequently. You need to get the filter cleaned so that the AC does not have to work too hard to intake some air for circulation. You can take out the filter and keep it under tap water. You should be doing this on a monthly basis.
#3 Cooling Coil Ice Accumulation
If you see DF on your Voltas air conditioner, the cooling coil has iced up. It is a defrost notification, so you must take this seriously. Once the ice has completely cleared out, your air conditioner will start working again.
This happens when the refrigerant level is less than the specified or required amount. The temperature of the cooling coil drops below the normal temperature. When this happens, the moisture in your room condenses on the cooling coil and freezes.
#4 Foul smell coming from the AC
If you are getting a foul smell from your AC, it is the drainage system that is causing the issue. Due to debris and dust inside the drainage tray and pipe, the water collects and starts smelling poorly. You need a technician to fix this. They will clear out the drainage system and this will solve the issue.
#5 Split AC does not start
The PCB of your air conditioning unit is faulty. There is no specific reason why this happened. It could be the surge in current or the usual on-off cycle or the physical damage. If capacitors or ICs have burnt, you have got only one option which is to replace it. In case the damage is more, you need to change the whole PCB. Changing the PCB is expensive – it depends on the technology too.
Hot weather calls for AC fix – you can’t be sitting in a humid room, especially during daytime and sleep time.
#6 Indoor unit is making a lot of noise
The indoor unit of your split AC may start making peculiar noises while starting up or operating. The problem is not too big. It is possible that the fan inside is faulty. As you keep using the unit, the fan gets disbalanced. The technician will come to you and dismantle the indoor ac unit. They will arrange the fan and place it at the original place. At times the sound comes because of accumulation of dirt and dust. Dirt and dust causes vibration in the AC fan. Cleaning after dismantling can help.
There will be times when your AC swing stops working, it could be due to a fault in the motor. The second cause could be that the swing is controlled by separate wing motors.
What to do when your Voltas Air Conditioner malfunctions in India?
Voltas is a reliable brand, and it comes with a warranty as well. If you are thinking of purchasing a Voltas air conditioner, you are in for a treat because it offers excellent cooling.
There are many variants and each of them comes at a different price range.
Since Voltas air conditioner is a machine, you will have certain problems time and again. However, do not get stressed. If you see any error code on the AC, simply check the code and what problem it is. It could have an easy fix, or you might need to call a technician.
In some cases, the problem will be resolved quickly, and some problems would require the technician to dismantle the machine or replace the part completely.
You can compare and check the service charges and replacement cost. As a consumer, you have the right to ask questions as well.
A piece of advice: you should always check the error code and see if the problem is complex or easy to fix. In case it is easy to fix and the technician tells you a different story, you must get it diagnosed again by a different technician.
Frequently Asked Questions on Voltas Air Conditioner
How do I fix Voltas Windows AC E2 error?
The error code shows when there is an issue with the sensor and indoor coil fault.
What is the E1 error code?
The E1 error code signifies that the communication between the outdoor and indoor unit has become impeded. There might be some intermittent connection issue.
How do I fix the E1 error code?
The E1 code could be a reminder to clear the air filter, switch off the unit, and open the front panel and then remove the filter. Clean it using water and soap and let it dry up before replacing it. In case you cannot remove the grease and dirt, it is about time to replace it.
What do you mean by E2 in Voltas AC?
If the air conditioning system gets an E2 error, it basically means that the outdoor unit has a sensor error. You can also detect an LED light that signals the error on the air conditioner. The issue comes when the evaporation temperature goes lower than the temperature under dry mode or cooling mode.
Why is my air conditioning not working?
If your air conditioning is not working, it could be caused due to various reasons. The common reasons include blocked or dirty air filters. There could be a problem with the refrigerant or compressor too.
How do I reset my Voltas AC without a remote?
Take a screwdriver or a pen and insert it into the hole at the bottom and push it gently. When you do this, please ensure the AC is switched on. The AC will get started. You need to follow the same process to switch it off.
What is the E5 error in Voltas AC?
E5 error is a communication error. It means that no feedback has been received from the outdoor unit to the indoor unit. It could also be due to faulty wiring, outdoor/indoor PCB failure, loose connection, and so on. You can get this checked by a professional.
Why is the AC light red?
The thermostat blinks or stays red when the compressor shuts down. If this happens, a signal is sent to the thermostat. But the indoor unit does not get a message so it continues to run.